THE SUPER ABRIDGED SITE SUMMARY
- Going South is an AU DC site set in the DC universe after Rebirth. Everything from Rebirth onward is considered apocryphal unless mentioned somewhere on the site or in its documentation.
- Site documentation is kept on webpages like this one rather than as threads in the forum itself.
- Going South exclusively uses artwork for its graphics play-bys. No celebrities.
- You can register with an out-of-character account if you want, but it's optional.
- Characters with a codename should register with their codename as their username. Characters with no codename should use their real name as their username. Characters that share codenames with another character (i.e. Green Lanterns) can use either, but the codename is first-come, first-served. Register with proper capitalization (i.e. "Superman", not "superman" or "SUPERMAN"). If you don't, staff will correct it.
- There are no activity checks and you can keep canon characters and OCs you're not actively playing as long as you're active on the site and not posting minimally to hoard characters.
- Character reserves and face claims are informal. If you mention wanting to use a single, specific character in the chat, post a WIP application, and/or register an account for the character, it's considered an informal reserve and other members will not be allowed to swoop in and app that character in the meantime.
- Claims lists are updated by staff when characters are approved.
- Post templates are allowed as long as they're legible and don't contain too many wingdings that distract from the post itself.
- Content policy is go as nuts as you need to if you're not writing a sex scene. We do not enforce any sort of content/trigger warning system, so everything is read at your own risk.
- There are no bans/restrictions on characters based on powers/concept, including on OCs, as long as the idea fits in with the universe.
Shinies coded by Pink
Meanwhile, In The Chat Box Of Justice...
01. Register your cbox name with your board alias/OOC account.
02. Respect the pecking order.
03. Don't be a punk ass and spam the cbox.
04. Don't be a dick to other people in the cbox.
05. Don't advertise your site in the cbox.
06. Have a cookie.
07. Follow the board rules and the Jcink Terms Of Service.
08. Quick guest questions go here if no one is present in the cbox.
09. Beware Hypertime.
Vote Daily For Going South!
Resources & Directory